Power MechanicTechnology Engineering
The Power Mechanics Engineering Technologies Department in Eng. Technical College/ Mosul strives for excellence and leadership in the engineering sciences by educating students and providing them with experience, skills, capabilities, and scientific foundations in the disciplines of renewable energies engineering, refrigeration and air conditioning engineering, production engineering, and automation at the preliminary study level for the aforementioned specializations and postgraduate studies for the specialty of refrigeration and air conditioning engineering by implementing quality standards to qualify them to be applied engineers to supplement the wheel of development in our country with the necessary competencies to advance Iraqi reality in line with the rapid developments in technology and the renewable requirements of Iraqi society and competition due to the urgent need of the work field.
Creating a distinguished theoretical and practical study environment for students by delivering valuable scientific lectures in the specialty, conducting laboratory experiments and creative scientific research, and interacting with the local and global environment in the field of working on equipment in the department’s laboratories.
A- Renewable Energy Branch::
The relevance of this specialty has grown due to the country’s pressing demand for energy and the necessity to provide adequate alternatives to it in supporting the industrial, productive, and service sectors. After four years of university education, the graduate will have gained enough information to get a bachelor’s degree. Northern Technical University’s Bachelor of Science in Power Mechanics Engineering / Renewable Energy Engineering. Branch focuses on the design and analysis of various components and devices that function under temperature control. Graduates of renewable energy engineering studies frequently find themselves with two career paths, namely “research and development” and design, with the goal of bringing about concrete scientific growth in several diverse industrial domains in each of the following.
– Solar thermal energy / solar energy units.
– Biofuels, wind power, and solar power.
– Energy and power corporations. Voltaic Energy
B- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Branch:
- Carrying out thermal load calculations and testing to certify a graduate of this specialty for work engineering systems and feasibility studies for a variety of projects in the area of expertise.
- Troubleshooting and repair of different systems (small, combined, separate, central units, refrigerated and freezing stores, steam systems, etc.) for industrial and service purposes.
- Developing refrigeration and freezing systems in line with the country’s meteorological and environmental parameters while keeping up with technological advancements in this sector.
- Installing, running, and managing specialty-related maintenance and repair complexes.
- Conducting research, investigations, and rationalization in the field of specialty, as well as seeking alternatives.
C- Production and Automation Branch:
This specialization’s graduates are qualified to accomplish the following.
- Designing the most efficient production machinery and manufacturing procedures for the product.
- Using artificial intelligence approaches, design production lines that produce high efficiency in production by attaining the optimal flow in product manufacture.
- Improving and developing production and controlling devices and machines in accordance with the development in the field of industry.
- Management and maintenance of production machines using modern technological methods.
- Giving students theoretical and practical experience by keeping up with and employing modern technologies in manufacturing processes, as well as employing computer and automation technologies in accordance with international quality standards.
- Directing graduate researches for students engaged in community engagement and tackling industry-related concerns.
- Raising students’ scientific capabilities in the direction of creative and engineering thinking in order to stay up with industry and production progress.