The President of the Northern Technical University, Prof. Dr. Alia Abbas Ali Al-Attar, was assigned today, Sunday, August 29, 2021, in the presence of the Assistant President of the University for Administrative Affairs, Prof. Dr. Thanon Younis Thanon, the directors of the scientific departments and the people’s officials of the Department of the Assistant President of the University for Scientific Affairs, and the official of the University Secretariat Division, Assistant Professor, Dr. Omar Rafea Mahmoud, with the duties of the University President’s Assistant for Scientific Affairs, note that:
- He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering / University of Mosul.
- He holds a master’s degree in mechanical engineering/thermal forces/University of Mosul.
- He holds a Ph.D. in Mechanical and Thermal Engineering / University of Freiberg / Federal Germany.
And he was assigned a number of tasks, including:
- Temporarily chairing the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technologies Engineering Department/Mosul Technical College of Engineering in 2019.
- Head of the Quality Assurance Division/Mosul Technical College of Engineering.
- Director of the Department of Quality Assurance and University Performance / Northern Technical University.
- Editor-in-chief of the Northern Technical University Journal of Engineering and Technology.
- Director of Studies and Planning Department/ Northern Technical University.
- Scientific reviewer for several journals belonging to Elsevier and Springer.
- Member of the editorial board of five international magazines.
He has a publication of 32 scientific papers in journals belonging to scientific publishing houses Elsevier, Springer Wiley, and international conferences as well.